Thursday, October 25, 2012

Santa Julia Cabernet Sauvignon 2011

With my daughter's baptism around the corner I headed to the local Costco to pick up a few values for the family.  I had seen this one before, all over the box is printed, "88 Points".  Evidently this was  a favorite with the Wine Enthusiast editors and has been rated #47 in their top 100.  At a price point of appx. $5.50, I figured, what the heck, at that price, you don't have to like it!  Well we opened it up as everyone was mingling on Saturday afternoon and I think it was a hit.  Very fruity on the nose, sweet, almost jammy, it smells great.  Upon tasting, you are rewarded with a slightly sweet, fruity cab that really delights as an everyday wine.  A great crowd pleaser or introductory wine.  Taste 4, Value 5.

Santa Julia wines

No comments:

Post a Comment