Friday, August 19, 2011

2006 Inheritance Petite Sirah

I first had this wine in April or May this year, I had my dad pick it up on the Cellars odd bin sale.  I believe it was marked down from 13.99 to 7.77 or so.  Sunny and I tried it and we were blown away, it was one of the best petite syrahs we had ever tasted, so I called my dad to see if they had more and told him to pick me up 6 more bottles, which he did.  The second bottle was a bust and I was hoping it was just a bad bottle.  From what I can tell now, it was.

We opened up our 3rd bottle last night and paired it with a simple romaine salad and pasta with meat sauce.  It could not have been better.  Everything I enjoyed from the first bottle was back.  This is a very complex wine, fruity and sweet yet finishes a touch dry.  Flavor 5, value 5.  If you can find it buy it.

inheritancevineyards.com

No comments:

Post a Comment