Tuesday, August 30, 2011

2007 Le Clos Millesime

So we are at Binny's Liquor Depot on Sunday picking up some beer for our Labour Day excursion to my parents' lake home, when I saw a bottle of Le Clos Millesime marked down from $7.99 to $5.99 so I though, huh, French wine for 6 bucks, can't go wrong with that. Wrong. 

This liquid (it hardly qualifies as a beverage) is a blend of fermented grape juices of the following varieties: Merlot 45%, Cab Sauv 15%, Carignan 20%, and Grenache 20%.  And fermented grape juice it was, although very pleasing to the nose, it was disturbing to the palate.  Barely drinkable I found it to be void of any complexity or flavour.  Sour and Sharp are the only two suitable adjectives that come to mind to describe this swill.  Taste 1 (only because I'm not using 0), Value 1 (again no 0).  Do not buy this wine, take your six buck and get yourself a bottle of Columbia Crest Two Vines.







No comments:

Post a Comment