Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pacific Rim 2010 Sweet Riesling

So I was at Costco looking for a white to go with coconut crusted chicken and I happened upon this sweet riesling for $6.99, and thought that it might be a good pairing with the sweetness of the coconut.  I'm normally not a sweet wine type and like more mid range rieslings, but for this particular dish, I went with it.

With an alcohol content of only 8.5% this is definitely a sweet wine and it did pair perfectly with the chicken.  The nose is very fruity and the taste is simply delightful, much more to this than I would expect from a sweet wine.  I think Sunny was on her second glass by the time we sat down, which is something because she is normally a slower drinker.  This wine is very good for what it is, don't expect your typical riesling, but know that you are getting into something like a moscato...only I've never had moscato this good.  For taste I'll give it a 4 and for value a 5.  This is a recommend, but plan on pairing it with a sweeter meal, fruit, or even a fruity dessert.  If you think you don't like wine, try this and discover you do!

rieslingrules.com

No comments:

Post a Comment